Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Dead" Series by Charlaine Harris


I was not prepared to like this series, which lead to the HBO True Blood series on television. A friend got me started on them and, once I started, I couldn't put them down. I have read eight of the nine in the series and each one makes you jump right into the next. I don't believe I have ever seen humor, mystery, romance, vampire fiction, and a southern setting thrown in together in such a successful way. (Southern Bible Belt Baptists might want to steer clear.)

Of course, the mystery involves an awful lot of murders. I fact so many people meet their deaths, it does make you remember that this is definitely fiction. I think about half the people in Sookie's little Southern town have been either murdered or accused of murder by now.

This series is light reading and good fun.

No comments: