Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: The Last Song

The Last SongThe Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had stayed away from Nicholas Sparks for a few years. I left like he had gotten into a romance/cry through the last few chapters kind of rut. I decided to give him another chance and I am glad I did. This book does have a tale of young love but it is intertwined with a parent/child love and a "coming of age" story. Yes, I did cry through the last few chapters but the story was so meaningful in a personal way that it didn't feel trite. If you haven't tried Nicholas Sparks in a while, try him again with The Last Song. I enjoyed it and maybe you will too.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Relaxin' with Books said...

Thanks! I checked out your blog too. Very nice.