Saturday, March 12, 2011

Review: Somebody Else's Daughter

Somebody Else's DaughterSomebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


First, I would like to say that I think Elizabeth Brundage is an excellent writer. The story was riveting and I was thoroughly engrossed. I could hardly put it down.

Now my complaint - I had a problem with the beginning and ending of the story. At the beginning, I was very confused about which child was the adopted girl. I think so many characters were introduced so quickly that it took me a bit of time to figure them all out. Also, the story ended very quickly. I didn't think that Willa would have gone with Heath after what he had done to her. I also didn't think that Jack and Nate would have found her so quickly. After such a riveting tale, the ending seemed implausible. When a story ends so quickly, I tend to think the editor said, "shorten the book by fifteen pages".

All in all, Brundage's excellent writing overcomes the small shortfalls of the storyline. I definitely recommend this book.



View all my reviews

No comments: